Interesting Facts & Statistics
- St. George covers a total area of 69.4 square miles, with 64.4 square miles being covered by land, and 0.5 square miles being covered by water.
- St. George consists of 87.2% Whites, 0.7% African Americans, 0.8% Asian Americans, and 11.3% other races
- Major corporations headquartered in St. George include SkyWest Airlines and other notable companies.
- St. George has 4 high schools, 4 middle schools, 3 intermediate schools, & multiple elementary schools.
- St. George is nicknamed Utah’s Dixie
- Religious Groups in St. George include 92.5% LDS, 4.1% Catholic, 2.8% Protestant, and 0.5% other religious groups.
Current Events & Attractions in St. George
- Urban Trails That Span More Than 65 Miles, with paved and natural ground surfaces
- Tonaquint Nature Center
- St. George Motocross Park
- St. George Rec Center
- Sand Hollow Aquatics Center
- St. George Winter Bird Festival and the Cotton Days Celebration
- Tri-State ATV Jamboree
- Dixie Power Kite Festival
- Ironman 70.3 St. George US Pro Championship
- Blue Angels Air Show – Thunder Over Utah
- Hurricane Valley Peach Days
- Dixie Lions’ Roundup Rodeo
- Huntsman World Senior Games
- Tuacahn’s Christmas in the Canyon
St. George Community Statistics
- St. George has a population of 132,703 with 44,964 households
- 54.8% of residents in St. George are childless, whereas 45.2% have children that are 18 and under
- There are 29% renters in St. George, compared to 71% of those who own their homes.
- Rental vacancy rates in St. George are 5%.
- The median age is 29.8 years old
- Median household income is $49,747 in St. George, compared to $52,175 for all adult U.S. Residents
- Per capita income is $21,354 locally, compared to $27,466 for all adult U.S. Residents
- The median home value in St. George is $250,800
- 38.1% of all housing in St. George is valued at $300,000 or more
- 91% of St. George residents have a high school diploma, and 22% of residents have a 4 year college degree.
St. George Rental Statistics
- In 2014, the average monthly rent amount in St. George was $868.
- 29% of St. George residents pay 30% or more of their annual household income in rent.
- As of 2013, 29% of St. George residents were renters, compared to 36.98% of renters in the U.S.
- Owner average household size is 2.91 people, compared to 2.97 for renters
- The rent to price ratio in St. George is 0.4%.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.